Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quotable Quotes

I always want to record these great quotes when they happen, but it seems like I never have the time until something else big comes up to blog about.

Firstborn was watching a show on TV where someone was remarking on another characters bicepts, referring to them as guns. Firstborn lit up and said, while raising his fists in the air. "I've got guns! They're kind of mushy, but they're guns."

Then the other day, we were driving around town and passed some unfortunate woman who had the dubious honor of standing outside a resturaunt, dressed as a bottle of mustard and waving a sign for the resturaunt. It was very hot and humid and the costume did not fit her well to say nothing of the embarrasment of being seen in this predicament. In my mind I'm wondering what a woman in her 40's has done to leave her dressing in costume on a street corner to drum up business, when Lastborn blurts out, "well, theres a great reason to get a college education."

Ah. My job is done. Even my 8 year old realizes that without a good education, he could end up on a street corner dressed as a bottle of mustard on a hot summer day. I mean, if it were Ketchup, that would be a totally different thing.

No comments: