Monday, September 08, 2008

Catching up

It's been a while, I know. We've been very busy.

Last weekend, I attended a letter boxing event in Eastern OH. Beautiful country and Firstborn and I enjoyed seeing the world in 3D again. But we are back in the flat country and I will recap the event in another post.

Today, I went to the dog park with Nova. She loves the dog park and already recognizes my dog-park bag. I carry a water bottle, collapsible bowl, plastic baggies and sometimes a toy in it. It also doubles to hold my keys, wallet, phone and ipod, so I don't have to carry my purse as well.

She is still reluctant to jump into the car sometimes. In the back of her mind, I'm sure she is afraid that I might trick her and bring her back to the vet for another operation. She is just growing back the hair from the bikini waxing they gave her when they fixed her. She's not in the mood for another. Especially with winter approaching. Too cold to have a bald belly.

Anyway, we had fun at the park and she ran and ran. I usually walk the perimeter of the park while she runs in circles around me. I got some good shots of her having fun. You can see in the bright sunlight that she is not just a big black blob. She has a separate head. Of course when she is panting, it just looks like a black blob with a big pink tongue.

We had the park to ourselves for a while and then a little fuzz ball named Jazz took over the small dog area. The two of them ran along the length of the fence between the small dog area and the large dog area. They seemed well matched, but Jazz was just coming home from a stay at the kennel and wanted to go home and get away from strange dogs.

Nova is now sleeping next to me. She's tired and happy.

No comments: