Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our plan to take over the world has been discovered!!!

This week, Nova started obedience training. They use a method called clicker training. Each owner is given a little clicking device. When the dog performs the behavior you are looking for, you click the clicker and give them a treat. Eventually, they learn that the sound itself is a good thing and you can skip the treats. It's a very effective method of training.

I keep my clicker close by so that I can use it to reinforce good behaviors. The other night, the clicker was sitting on the side table next to me. The kitties get up on the side table to ask for attention. I don't think much about it. I just pet them and talk to them when they ask. Suddenly, I notice that the clicker is on the floor in the middle of the room. The two cats are sniffing it and looking at each other. To get the clicker to that point of the room, one of them had to have picked it up and carried it in her mouth. Otherwise, I would have noticed the playful batting and even heard it scratch against the surface of the side table.

I suspect that they decided to use the clicker to train the dog to do something in support of their goal to take over the world. They were planning their strategy. Kitties must be watched!

No comments: