Friday, January 06, 2006

Explotation

Yes, that is the correct spelling.

The other day, Lastborn was playing with his new Lego ExoForce set. He had taken all the robot characters apart and they lay in a pile on the toybox.

"They exploded," he exclaimed! They exploded and they are laying in a pile of explotation.

"Explotation?" I replied. "What's explotation?"

"It's when something explodes and then makes a mess."

"You mean like the toys on the livingroom floor? Is that explotation?"

"No, mom! That's not explotation. Explotation has to be with robots, not toys."

"I don't know, it certainly looks like explotation around here."

"It's not explotation mom. It's just toys all over the floor."

"OK. How about cleaning them up? What would that be called."

"Boring."

1 comment:

Gudmans Dautter said...

I *love* the way you write! I'm glad you are sharing it with us.

I like that word, too, "explotation" I'll try to remember it.