Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

... to all my friends and family who read this.

I have been a sorry poster for a while and promise to try to do better in 2008.

But to catch everyone up with family info . . .

The kids got out of school on December 20th. We spent a few days at home enjoying some relaxed vacation time and catching up with all of our wrapping, packing and last minute shopping. Then, on Friday, we headed eastward towards MA. The boys were very happy that MA had 2 feet of snow on the ground!!! What a wonderful Christmas present that was. Firstborn got to go sledding with his older cousins at the park down the street. It had a really great steep hill and because the snow was melty, the run was very fast and slick. Firstborn slept well that night, but panicked when he returned home because he left his gameboy in his pocket while sledding and now it was gone. A quick return to the slope down the road found the charcoal black electronic device sitting at the bottom of the still-white snowy hill. Glad we bought black. :-) It was getting dark out, so I was very worried that we either wouldn't find it or someone else would have spotted and pocketed the device before we got there. Lucky, lucky.

Firstborn slept very well that night.

In previous years, we housed one sister and family for the holidays at our house while my other sister housed the rest of the family. This always made Christmas special because I was able to spend so much time with my oldest sister and we were able to spend lots of time in my other sister's house as well. This year we were in a hotel, having no house in MA any more. It was much more tiring coming home to a hotel instead of a house and we spent much less time with the family having to pack family visits on both sides into 1 week.

I also hoped to contact some of my friends, but time ran out. Firstborn was lucky to see one of his best friends for about 3 hours on the day after Christmas. Lastborn, unfortunately did not get that chance. We only had one car and DH had to work the day after Christmas. I had to work on the 27th. So the remaining parent was stuck at the hotel or at my sister's house.

So while the week was long and tiring, it still wasn't long enough. To all my friends that I did not get to see, I miss you and hope to see you this summer. Keep in touch and have a wonderful new year.

No comments: